- Criminalizing LGBTQ+ identity and expression up to 14 years imprisonment wasn’t enough for the Nigerian government. The New Bill.Written by Adunni Tiwatope | 8:20pm Umar Muda a member of the house of Representatives on the 5th of April, 2022, as reported by SAHARA REPORTERS –introduced and read a bill to further criminalize cross-dressing In Nigeria with liable punishment of up to 6month imprisonment or a fine of five hundred thousand naira. This bill […]
Timeless Queer Defiance and it's consequences in Nigeria With Chude – QueerCity
- Timeless Queer Defiance and it's consequences in Nigeria With Chude
- Nigeria's Road To LGBTI+ Decriminalization with Azeenarh Mohammed
- Who killed 19 years old John in Lagos ?
- Getting Justice for Cameroonian Transwomen Shakira and Patricia amidst death threats with Hamlet.
- HIV stigmatization amongst Nigerian Gay men with Raldie Young
Olaide Kayode Timileyin | Convener, GlowUp Pride Celebrating queerness and uniqueness is our satisfaction. We recognize our struggle for liberation as LGBTQ+ persons in Africa as a continent, and Nigeria as a nation. With much pride and happiness that we celebrate GLOWUP pride 2021, with the theme “Festival of Nigerian Queerness”. A festival of our […]
Olaide Kayode Timileyin | 1:11pm Since the inception of the Queercity podcast in 2018, we have steadily grown, from a bathroom midnight recorded one, to that over 50 episodes published on all major podcasting platforms across the universe. The podcast which has not just been an output of audio contents, but a place of community […]
The first of it’s kind; a queer youths’ themed open mic, in the city of Abeokuta, and in the country as a whole. The splendid event started a little bit later than scheduled, as guests seemed to arrive late due to commuting challenges (e.g. poor road network and traffic). Nevertheless, the evening started with a […]