If you are LGBT+ and a storyteller / Writer, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a socio-politically conscious storyteller to help create, edit, produce our storytelling contents.
What does a Journalist do?
You should have a strong grasp of the current social political condition of LGBT+ persons in West Africa, be able to use at least mobile phone content creation applications for LGBT centered storytelling. Journalist will work with the Production team, supporting teams (such as Visuals and Comms ) to tell stories on time and on budget.
- To write and follow stories centered on LGBT+ lives in Nigeria and West Africa and can be converted to other media
- Brainstorm new and creative storytelling ideas for LGBT+ narratives in Nigeria and West Africa
- Simplification of vital information into consumable slides
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Editing and production of contents for podcast, video casts, Insta story, Youtube, Tiktok etc
3 Hours daily / 21 Hours weekly
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and stories that engage, inform and motivate
- Highly creative in Identifying and amplifying social justice causes for LGBT+ persons in West Africa
- Ability to partner with other team within the organization to amplify their work
- Ability to ingest and simplify LGBT centered information
- Ability to use mobile content creation application like Canva, Wordsmith, sound recorder, Capcut, Etc
Mode of Application
Send Cover Letter, and Portfolio to Xela.Queercitymedia@gmail.com with the Subject as Your first name _ Video Content creator. Example Fatimah_ Journalist .