If you are LGBT+ and a keyboard mafia, can you orchestrate ground breaking Newsletters, Articles, and Interviews, we want to speak with you. We are looking for Editors to work with Journalists and shows to help handle numerous writing and editing centered activities.
What does an Editor do?
You should have a strong grasp of the current social political condition of LGBT+ persons in West Africa, be able to use writing to monitor, filter, contribute and guide LGBT contents for West Africa. Editor will work with the Comms team, supporting teams (such as Visuals and productions ) to write about LGBT+ experiences in West africa.
- Create, Edit, Distribute, Promote writings centered on LGBT+ lives in West Africa
- Brainstorm new and creative writings for the documentation of LGBT+ experiences
- Simplification of vital information into consumable slides
- Evaluate emerging stories. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
3 Hours daily / 21 Hours weekly
- Highly creative with experience in identify creating target information and digital contents that amplifies LGBT+ narratives in west Africa
- Highly creative in written engagement that amplifies social justice causes for LGBT+ persons in West Africa
- Ability to partner with other team within the organization to amplify their work
- Ability to ingest and simplify LGBT centered information
- Ability to use mobile phone application for social media management. e.g sound recorder, notes, Canva etc
Mode of Application
Send Cover Letter, and Portfolio to Xela.Queercitymedia@gmail.com with the Subject as Your first name _ Editor. Example Feyi_ Editor