If you are LGBT+ person who can flip through pages in real life and online, and can work with shows producers by finding out details of show contributors, booking details and background information, we want to speak with you. We are looking for researchers to help provide briefs for the producer from which they can make the show.
What does a Researcher do?
You should have a strong grasp of the current social political condition of LGBT+ persons in West Africa, be able to use information resources to filter, contribute and curate LGBT contents for West Africa. Researcher will work with the Production team, supporting teams (such as Visuals and productions ) to document LGBT+ experiences.
- Curate, Edit, and fact check contents centered on LGBT+ lives in West Africa
- Simplification of vital information into consumable slides
- Writing plans and reports for past and future programmes
- Responsible for knowing about the state of the industry, so that Queercity can plan programmes which will be in tune with demand; adjust and tabulate their productions according to current affairs; and plan future maneuvers to widen the public’s access to different media programmes.
3 Hours daily / 21 Hours weekly
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer skills, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc..), digital media, and digital marketing
- Good research skills
- Highly creative with experience in identify creating target information and digital contents that amplifies LGBT+ narratives in west Africa
- High Ranging interests in LGBT+ narratives in west Africa
- Ability to partner with other team within the organization to amplify their work
- Ability to ingest and simplify LGBT centered information
- Ability to use mobile phone application for skills, such as Word, Excel, etc..), digital media, and digital marketing
Mode of Application
Send Cover Letter, and Portfolio to Xela.Queercitymedia@gmail.com with the Subject as Your first name _ Researcher. Example Alma_ Researcher