All comics are available for download after 14 days of stocking
Getting Justice for Cameroonian Transwomen Shakira and Patricia amidst death threats with Hamlet. – QueerCity
February 8th, 2021 Transgender women were arrested for “attempted homosexuality” in the West African Country of Cameroon. These Transgender women in person of Shakira and Patricia were rounded up by the police at a public restaurant were they had gone to buy food. By the 11th of May, 2021 Shakira and Patricia were sentenced to 5 years imprisonments with 200,000CFA fine each. Joining The Queer Nerd (@OKTimileyin) on this episode is Hamlet from the Work for our Well-being Cameroon. An indigenous human right organization standing in for sexual minorities and other victims of social injustices, in this case, they are Shakira and Patricia’s legal counsel. Last week, Shakira and Patricia were granted provisional freedom and On this episode Hamlet and I discuss the term of their freedom, the risk that looms on the street, and the reality of being a transgender woman in a Cameroonian prison. A Production of @queercitymediaandproductions Host : @OKTimileyin Graphics : @OKTimileyin Socials: Adaora Reference: https://youtu.be/vyzMJRVTOsg https://youtu.be/nAefBCaYHFs #ShakiroandPatricia #Queercitypodcast #LGBT #Cameroon #Oktimileyin — This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app — Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/queercity/message Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/queercity/support
- Getting Justice for Cameroonian Transwomen Shakira and Patricia amidst death threats with Hamlet.
- HIV stigmatization amongst Nigerian Gay men with Raldie Young
- Did Allah make sexuality innate in Islam: A crossover episode with Ynaija Non-Binary Blog
- Queering Our indigenous and traditional literary narrative: A night in Ibadan
- This Queer Nigerian Prince has to marry a woman before his coronation begins: A tale of Culture, Identity, and Royalty.