QueerCity podcast is Nigeria’s first, weekly LGBT lifestyle podcast.
QUEERCITY MEDIA AND PRODUCTION
WHO ARE WE?
Queercity media and productions is a Nigerian community based media organization, with the sole mission of producing stories and documenting times of Queer Lives in West Africa. Otherwise known as Queercity, employs the art of storytelling through various easily consumable media like posters, graphics, slides, podcasts, films, documentaries, audio-docu-series etc. Kicked off operations in 2018 as a podcast, in our first three years of existence, we have been able to hit major historic mile stones with our productions and events. Few of which includes our first event ever “Bodies Around Olumo Abeokuta ’19” which is Nigeria’s first openly LGBT open mic event, and Nigeria’s first openly Queer creatives event. Queercity which was founded by Olaide Kayode Timileyin in Lagos, Nigeria on the 6th of April, 2018 has not just grown from a being a podcast, Queercity is a now an Household name in Nigerian Creatives/activism spheres, as it’s past volunteers are now doing very well in their new spaces.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Storytelling through various easily consumable media like Posters, Graphics, Slides, Podcasts, Films, Documentaries, Audio-docu-series etc.
- Public Viewing through partnerships
- Digital Advocacy
Queercity Podcast is a Nigerian community based media and production organization that is focused on producing and documenting West African queer narratives through media, events, archives, digital advocacy amongst others which emerged in April 2018, following the need for more representation in the Nigeria media sphere. .
The podcast, which rose to be the most widespread Nigerian LGBT podcast, is available on over 30 podcasting platforms including Apple and Google podcasts, among others.
Getting Justice for Cameroonian Transwomen Shakira and Patricia amidst death threats with Hamlet. – QueerCity
- Getting Justice for Cameroonian Transwomen Shakira and Patricia amidst death threats with Hamlet.
- HIV stigmatization amongst Nigerian Gay men with Raldie Young
- Did Allah make sexuality innate in Islam: A crossover episode with Ynaija Non-Binary Blog
- Queering Our indigenous and traditional literary narrative: A night in Ibadan
- This Queer Nigerian Prince has to marry a woman before his coronation begins: A tale of Culture, Identity, and Royalty.